Friday, May 2, 2008

No running today!

I am taking the day off from running -- I don't take many, so two in one week is weird. I am going to hit an hour-long hatha yoga class and some weights this morning, though. I think that's a good compromise, since I wasn't doing much cross-training before -- it makes more sense to me to start doing weights while I'm running a little less.

I am recovering also from an allergen-induced sinus infection, so I have a smorgasbord of meds for the next week or so. But, I'm already feeling much better, so it's totally worth it.

For the second time in 23 years, I will not be in Kentucky for Derby. I'll be in Cincinnati, cheering on two friends as one takes on her first marathon and the other her first no-walking half-marathon.

So about 30 miles for this week after Saturday's run ... Not bad for the week after a marathon! I'll start easing back into form next week, with that 5k on 5/31.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

who's running the pig this weekend?
have fun!
mom

Mir said...

And for the first time since 2000, I will be...lol! :) I hope your friends do great this weekend. Have a good time!

Tracy Lightfoot said...

Rebekah and Nikki will fly through pigs in less than 24 hours. =D

Miranda, have a great time!